What is Color Coding?
The use of color coding helps prevent cross-contamination and improve hygiene by clearly and simply identifying to the cleaner the particular product (mop, bucket, duster, etc.) that should be used in any given situation. Color-coding is the idea of designating certain cleaning tools and processes by consistent color schemes. Its purpose is the segregation of equipment, materials and procedures as a means of preventing cross-infection and cross contamination in the home and the workplace.
8 Major Advantages of Color Coding?
The benefits of Color Coded Cleaning System are numerous. These have been highlighted below :-
- Control infection
- Prevent cross-contamination
- Differentiate for specific tasks or jobs
- Identify between departments
- Help bridge the language barrier
- Reduce injury and accidents
- Makes staff training a breeze
- Meet and exceed workplace health and safety and accreditation requirements